Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Little Diva's...

Poppy & I have the Little Diva's for the weekend. Their parents have gone to Knoxville to get things ready for their move next weekend. (That's another whole post!) But anyway, the Diva's are here!

One of their favorite things to do is put on makeup! At ages (almost)2 & 4, their girly side comes out in full force. Tell me they don't know what girls like! So, when they come to ZuZu's house, they know they have their own vanity loaded with fun stuff!

Ally, the 3 1/2 year old loves telling me she loves my blue eyes...meaning my kohl-blue eyeliner. So, when she proceeds to put on blue eyeshadow, heavy I might add, she then says "I look just like my Grandma ZuZu's blue eyes!"  Oh my, I certainly hope not!!! If that is how I look, then I definately need a makeover!!! Big time!

When the girls, I mean Little Diva's, are here, it reminds me of my age. God certainly knew what he was doing when he gave young women babies! They wear me out! Don't get me wrong, I love them here. But I'm truly exhausted...all the time. Their energy is endless, and being they are not at their own home, they want to be entertained!  Last night, after dinner, we walked to the pond, then back to our yard for trips in the wagon. How can pulling 2 small children in a wagon be tiring?!?!? But it was. Followed that up with a long fun bath...until the youngest decided to "poodle" in the pool...yuk!!! But so funny too! Poppy and I have to tag-team bath time so no one is left unattended. We're both old!!! Tonight, our routine will include pedicures with their choice of nail polish...have to look cute for church tomorrow of course!
Well, its 9:00am and I'm already tired. We've breakfasted on pancakes, played in the sunroom, watched a few of their faves on TV, and 30 minutes of make-up and "take off" time...I'm worn out!!! (...and YES...we got up way earlier than normal!)  But loving it!


Thank you God for these little diva's....what a joy!

3 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Oh, how sweet!!! And yes!! They do have to be entertained!! Have fun, though!! And enjoy this last weekend together!!

candida said...

Oh, don't worry. It's not because they are at your house that they have to be entertained, it's like that here, too. That's why my house is always a mess and somedays, I miss showering! :-) They are definately FULL of energy. Thanks for keeping them, I know they had a blast!!

Sue Ellen said...

LOL! We probably had more of a blast than they did...Kent called me Sunday night and said how quiet it was...he was lonely! We're looking forward to Wednesday night already! Thanks for trusting us to keep them! Luvs...