Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fake nails....

I have fake nails.  I love them.  I hate them.  About once a year, I start wanting fake nails.  I'll put it off for a few weeks and then I go to Raleigh...about 1hour 20 minutes from my home.  Don't they have nail salons around here???  Yes, of course.  But not like this place, nor these types of nails.  These nails are called Solar Nails.  They are put on clear...the fill-ins are every 3 weeks, and they look real...seriously.  People ask me all the time about them.  I chose the American Manicure (no white tips).  I actually pass out business cards/flyer's to friends here at home and many have gone that far for this treatment.  It's so worth the drive.

Back to the nails.  After a few weeks, I hate them.  I hate how they feel, how long they get so quickly, and the fact that it is difficult to pick up things, open clasp on jewelry or scratch!  They get on my nerves.  So, I'm gonna take them off!  Then it will take about 6 months for the nail to grow out and lose the "ridge" that the filing has caused.  Argggh.  Then no doubt I will want them again!  It's a cycle.

The nail salon I go to is hands down the greatest.  That is why I go there.  I have never found another one like them...and I've been to a few over the years.  They are Vietnamese and it's a family business and everyone is truly so kind.   That, for the most part, is pretty average for nail salons.  However, they undoubtedly give the best pedicure around.  They are known for this  The pedicure takes 45 minutes...and they use hot stones and heated oil/cream for a calf massage all while you are sitting in an elite, cushioned, soft leather, vibrating massage chair...and give you a glass of wine...all for $25.00!!!   Unbelievable I know! 

So, if you're ever in the Raleigh...go to Lux Nails on Creedmore...it's worth the drive.

2 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I have not even had a chance to use my gift certficate you gave me for my pedicure here at the local nail salon...I've got to try to find the time to get it done before it expires!!

~Beth

Sue Ellen said...

Yes you do!!! Love ya....