Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm too tired to eat...

Well, I have been super busy for days...weeks, maybe even months now. It's all a blur. 

See, I've been on the run lately...alot.  I was in Washington DC for 4 days. The evening I got home, my son, wife and their little Diva's came over so we could have dinner together. Then my sister's and Mother arrived a little later, and we jumped in the car/truck and headed to the beach arriving after 10pm.  The mini-weekend vacation was anything but restful.  Then we left the beach on Monday and I got back to work on Tuesday trying to play catch-up for the rest of the week.  Then we had the pleasure of having the little Diva's spend the weekend while their parents were out of town.  It was awesome, fun and thrilling to experience life through their eyes for the weekend, and oh so tiring! But I still loved it. They got back on Sunday afternoon and then I left at 3:30pm to pick up the girls from work so we all could proceed to our state association's leadership conference about an 1 1/2 hour drive away.  We arrived around 5:30pm or so and left about an hour later, headed out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  It was great, by the way. 

Got back to the hotel around 10pm~ish.  Today we got up at 6:30pm to start sharing a bathroom between us 3 females.  We went for breakfast and the classes began at 9:00 with an awards luncheon in between....followed by an expo with vendors following the class at 5:00pm.  Then...we were scheduled to go eat at the Chop House @ 7:00pm with a vendor that was "wooing" us...but, I bailed out.   Yep.  JUST SAID NO!  Everyone else went but me.  I thought..."if I have to go out one more time...even for good, free food, I will die"!  I just wanted to get in my pj's and crawl in the bed with my laptop on my lap and the TV on....and just relax.  That is where I am now...and doing just that.

I'm old.  I know it and accept it.  But, I just know one thing, I'm too tired to even eat....and besides, got class at 8:00 in the morning, leave for home at 3:00pm and then an all day fundraising Golf Tournament on Wednesday ...followed by the 7 hour trip  to Tennesee on Thursday...

I'm even more tired just thinking about it....maybe I'll be so exhausted that I will sleep on the way home Sunday...instead of crying the whole way back....I'm tired...no, I'm dog tired.                

2 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Oh, Sue!! I can not imagine a schedule like you've had for so long now...going non-stop!!

I do hope you'll get some much needed rest soon....

Love you, sis.

~Beth

Sue Ellen said...

Thanks Sis, me too...but look at yourself...NEVER any down time...luvs