Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keeping On Keeping On

Well...I'm still at it!  Been increasing my walking...and last night, even ran/jog some of the route!  That is huge for me!  Didn't matter that my inspiration was due to it being nearly dark out side and I was crossing 2 dam's where snakes are known to come crawling up onto the asphalt to absorb some of the sun's heat at nightfall!  It was lighter when I crossed them the first time and then to recross them it was almost pure dark...except for the full moon!  (Which by the way, was shear amazing...tangerine colored....very inspiring!)  I walked about 3.5 miles yesterday and today I have walked 2.5 miles already.  I'm am seriously trying to see how much I can lose this week on WW.  I did go way over my daily points yesterday but still have the weekly points I can dip into.  3lbs would be super duper...5 lbs would be magical...but I will settle for 2!

Yes, I have lofty goals...always have.  I strive to be above average.  My goal.  Sometimes I fail, so I just get back up and try again.  It's me.  

Guess that is not a bad way to be.  Kinda like as a Christian and trying to walk the "Christian Walk".  We stumble, we fall, but God is the God of second chances.  So off we go again....trying to get it right.  God is so good to us!

This weight loss thing is going well.  13lbs in 7 weeks may seem slow...it does to me.  But it sure feels good I must say!  I even bought some new jean Capri's in a smaller size this week.  Now that was good.  I can see it on my body everyday.  No one else may see it yet, but I do.  I love it.  

My goal is to get addicted to exercise again.  I was a few years ago and loved it!  I couldn't go to bed at night if I hadn't walked.  My brain just wouldn't allow it.  I had many a 10:00pm walks that year.   We all have addictions to something, might as well be to something good!  AGREED???!

Well, gonna get home and change clothes.  Rest a little first and then maybe log a few miles....yeah...that sounds like a plan...now let's just see if I do it!

Sue Ellen

4 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Girl!! Yes Ma'am!! Keep on keeping on!! Slim and trim for HHI for sure!!!

Love you sis!

~Beth

Beth in NC said...

I think 13 pounds is great!!! I could deal with losing 13 pounds in 7 weeks.

Walking is such great exercise!

Love,
Beth

Cheryl said...

Great on your weight loss and have a great time with your sisters!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Wow!!! I'm impressed I need to lose about 50 pounds!!! I am so glad you are doing it!!! Please stop by Grace on the Narrow Path and follow along. I have a give a way going on and would love for you to enter. I have deleted my other blog Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path. God bless you and I hope to hear from you soon.
Blessings,
Bren