Saturday, August 21, 2010

time is passing....

Well,  it has been a while since I last posted.   A month or so to be exact.  I have been super busy with "stuff".  But I think the most exciting, positive thing I have done is lose some weight! Yea Me!!! I was inspired by a fellow blogger Beth in NC.  She is been heading toward her Destiny and I asked her once how she was doing this and she said WW.  Tried and true....just WW.

I was intrigued.  I have been a Weight Watcher member many times.  Yes, plural.  I have NEVER had success on it no matter what year I did it.  Mainly...b/c of my lack of following it.  It was too restrictive for me and much too slow.  I want instant results.  Seriously. I expect no less than 5-10 lbs a week.  Sad I know.

I had been getting emails from the last time I joined a few years ago.  Usually I deleted them without reading.  But I was "pondering" what diet plan I would comply to and decided to give it some thought.  Beth said she was on the Core Plan from WW.  I had never done the Core Plan and wondered if maybe that was the ticket for me.  When I researched the site, there was no option for the Core Plan. Hmmm....instead, there was the Momentum Plan.  So I made the decision.

I KNOW me well.  I'm visual.  I'm sneaky.  I cheat.  I'm non-compliant in the long range of things.  So the first thing was to go to a meeting + join on-line and use the tools.  I need the accountability to go face-to-face and weigh in...even as much as I hate it.  I need to "sit" through the meeting....even if just to hear what is being said or seeing someone reach their goal.   So that is what I've done.

It has been 7 weeks now.  The last 3 have been "ify" at best.  Which means I have eaten my daily points plus all my extra weekly points.  But that is ok...and considered OP in the weekly realm. 

I've lost 11 lbs.  My beautiful daughter, (see picutre at right), after my 1st week and losing only 3 lbs., said, "Go by Food Lion, go to the meat section, and look at 3 lbs of meat.   I was stunned!!!  That has been my routine each week now.  It gives me a visual.  Big time!!!  I picked up hamburger packets...All  11 lbs of it....it's heavy and a lot of mass!!!  WOW!!!  Even when I lost .2 of a lb.  I went through the same exercise and looked at the big picture.

Now, I can FEEL the loss.  My clothes fit great...meaning that they are loose or no longer cutting me in half.  I love it!

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have a long way to go...I don't even know my goal yet.  But that's ok.  I'm eating lots, enjoying the new feeling of ME again, and living the plan.  And, by the way, the Momentum Plan is amazing.  You can eat ANYTHING you want....just count it!  "If you bit it...write it"!  Everyone that I have seen reach their goal says you must write it down!!!  Otherwise, you forget and the extras add up!

Can't wait to show you the end result!

Sue

3 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Sis, you are doing awesome!! Can't wait to see you!! Hopefully all of us (Patsy you and me) will be able to show off what we've done as far as our weight loss programs when we go to the beach end of next month!! Can't wait!!

Love you!!

~Beth

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

thanks for the encouragement...I am thinking about doing WW again...one more time...

Sue Ellen said...

Tammy...I wholeheartedly recommend trying 1 more time! This time could be the charm like it is for me! I would have never guessed!!!