Saturday, July 3, 2010

A New Toy

Well, I finally did it.  I have been wanting one for a long time.  So, I broke down and got it.  A push mower!  And, to beat that...an electric one!  YEA!   But not everyone is sharing my joy.  My husband is not the least bit happy about it.  Long story.  But here is the brief version it.

My husband is a professional Lawn Care & Landscaper.  Owns his own business.  He's licensed and certified.  It is his lively hood.  It pays for our house!  But, I wanted this....for me. I can't work his zero turns, plus they are so expensive that I would be fearful!  I don't even like his regular riding John Deere mowers.  I can't crank the weed eaters....and the blower packs are too heavy!  I had planned to get a regular, run of the mill, push mower.  He kept telling me that I knew I wouldn't be able to crank it...true.  But when I got to Walmart....there was this electric version for the same price.  Now, you all are probably like the man at the checkout or my husband and saying "You're gonna hate that thing"...as I purchased the 100 foot electric cord to go with it.  But this is why I disagree.

I knew that eventually the cranking of the push mower would win and I wouldn't be able to do it.  I would end up very frustrated.  But I was still going to try.  When I saw the electric mower in my price range, I thought "This might be the answer!"  I KNOW it is not the best, strongest, prettiest, heavy dutiest (is that a word!) mower out there!  But so far....I love it!!!  

I can mow under trees, around plants, bushes, under the back steps....yep, I love it!  It is light as a feather.  Ultra easy to crank.  Turn off and start right back.  No gas, no oil!!! 

My husband is none too pleased.  He thinks I'm slighting him.  But I am trying to convince him that I am HELPING him.  He doesn't agree.  Being a "Professional" he says it looks bad.  But, I'm trying to be sensitive.  I think eventually I will win him over. 

Especially when I quit fussing about our grass being the last lawn on his work list!

Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Sue!! Girl!! What are you thinking?!? That means you'll have to use it!! :o)

Kidding aside, I bet Kent had a hissy when he saw it!!

All I can say is, "You go, girl"!!

Love you, sis!!

~Beth