Sunday, July 4, 2010

I feel a project coming.....

My precious, sweet, brutally honest, organized, "no non-sense when it comes to clutter" daughter is coming today!  I'm super excited.  She is actually coming because, being in health care, my agency is not usually closed for holidays.  So, traditionally, on July 4th Monday, we have an employee cookout at the office for those employees that choose not to take the holiday off as PTO.  Also, b/c this is a common issue on holidays, we have offered to those with children...to have a "Bring your child to work day"...b/c daycare centers are typically closed as well.  So, being funny, I sent the email to my son in TN and my daughter.  He ignored me.  She, on the other hand, is coming!!!  A little tongue in cheek of course.  But seriously, I will love having her help with the event!  

So, she is due to arrive in about 3 hours and I am attempting to clean & straighten a little prior to her arrival this evening.  Or else....!!!

I love having her here.  She is an Elementary School teacher which means she is off for a couple of months in the summer even though she is in grad school 2 nights a week.  A few post back, she came for the weekend and wow...clean, purge, and organize she did!  She kept telling me there is "FREEDOM" in purging & organizing and actually......I have truly felt it!  I have a large house with about 3600 sq ft of space.  That's a lot of room to stuff things in and forget they exist!  She and I haven't even drifted toward the basement...it's loaded!!!

So today, I'm super curious as to what she has in mind...I'm sure she is thinking & planning!  I feel it!

So, here is to you out there celebrating Freedom this weekend...meanwhile, I will be here...in my home....fighting for my freedom...one trash bag at a time!

3 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Bless you my friend and Happy Fourth of July!!!
Please stop by and new blog and follow along.
Blessings,
Bren

Beth in NC said...

Oh! You should have done before and after pictures! I need to declutter too. I do it over and over, but it is never enough!

I hope have a great time at the party with your daughter!

Love!
Beth

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Oh, fun fun!! I know y'all had a good time...both at home and at work!!