Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh dear Lord...I've gotten old...

Last night was our annual Christmas Awards Banquet.  I still have a STACK of clothes on the chair in my bedroom of where I was trying to find something to wear!  Took me 45 minutes to finally pick out something I could live with...do you feel me?!?!?!?  Seriously....I found nothing I was happy with...so I picked the best of "nothing" and went with it.

Once I made the decision to pick something out I made sure my make-up was good and hair too so I would feel good about me.  I knew I had to make a presentation for the "Nurse of the Year" award so I wanted to look half way decent.  Well today, one of my co-workers posted a picture of me.  Now, it was not a posed picture.  I had no idea she took one until now.  It was on my facebook page where she had tagged me.  I promptly "untagged" myself from it!  It was awful.  I was old and saggy!  When did this happen!!!

You know, I don't mind getting old...I don't think.  But I want to do it classicly, with grace.  I looked terrible!!!  Not nearly like I felt "inside"!  I thought I was having a good hair night...you know what I'm saying???  Have you noticed some folks are so photogenic it is amazing....well, not me.  This picture to the left was posed....and cropped!!!

But, alas...the camera doesn't lie....how very dissappointing....who is that old woman!!??!!

1 comment:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Sue!! Sounds like some of me has rubbed off on you..after all these years!! You are a beautiful woman...inside AND out!! (But I too hate those "unposed" pics!!!)

Love you!

~Beth