Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vacation week is over....

Whew....what a week, well actually 8 days!  We vacate to Topsail Island every year.  It is a small, not-so-commercialized, beach.  We love it.

For years we have stayed at our friends precious beach house....ocean view...unobstructed....really quaint.  Still don't understand how they can rent it out...it is beyond my comprehension!  I would have to stay there!  She chose such amazing colors for her walls.  Aquas, deep blue, purple, coral red....love, love love it!  I immediately "feel" the beach when I walk in.  I feel this way every time....every year....love it!

This year I was a little sad.  Our son, daughter in law and grand-babies did not go with us.  I don't want to dwell on that.  They moved in May to TN and due to a great job change and he didn't have the vacation time built up yet.  It was sad to us...but you have to accept the things you can't change.  So I'm trying.

But, we did have our daughter and her husband as well as my 87 yo Father in law who lives with us.  We rested an enormous amount.  Watched tennis, soccer and other stuff as a family...really good times.

Being that the beach is right there at us...you could sit on the deck and see the waves.  Very cool indeed.  Perfect place for a cup of morning coffee or a cool beverage later in the day.  I didn't feel I had to be "on" the sand all the time.  Really, really cool indeed.

Think one of the nicest surprises is my hair.  I had it cut, really, really short 2 weeks ago.  I don't do short hair and not sure why I did it.  It is short.  Too short.  Hate it.....But at the beach...it was GREAT!  Wash, dry and go....awesome!  This picture was taken after when had been out on the beach and was windblown!  I had just come in and sat down at the computer and Melissa snapped some photos!  Now that I'm home...it will need to grow!

Melissa & Brandon were great.  Helping out as well as having fun.  He convinced her to go out in his little Jon boat one day...she wasn't thrilled. ....but did it anyway.  He loves fishing.  Even went deep sea fishing one day about 20 miles out but the water was too rough to go any further.  Their precious pooch Mattie, was with us too...sleeping from one lap to the other or perched on the back of the sofa.

I'm not sue when I have had such a relaxing vacation.  I've got more to tell, but am going to split it up some.  Anyway, we're home.  Rested. God is good...not that I had any doubts!

1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

Oh, we love Topsail too. Glad you got a chance to get away!

We went to Wrightsville Beach a few weeks ago and ate supper at Topsail one night.

Have a great week!
Beth